Congratulations to GSU Gerontology/Sociology Professor Candace Kemp for her recent promotion to Associate Professor! Special accomplishments Dr. Kemp has achieved include:
- Recipient of the 2012 Distinguished Gerontology Faculty Award, Georgia State University
- Co-Investigator on two National Institute on Aging grant-funded research projects, totaling app. $1.12 million.
- Co-Investigator on three Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada grand-funded research projects, totaling app. $5.07 million.
She has also authored several research publications since starting at GSU in 2005, including but not limited to:
- Kemp, C. L., Ball, M. M., Hollingsworth, C., & Perkins, M. M. (2012). Strangers and friends: Residents’ social careers in assisted living. The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 67(4): 491-502.
- Kemp, C. L. (2012). Married couples in assisted living: Adult children’s experiences providing support. Journal of Family Issues, 33(5): 639-661.
- Kemp, C. L., Luo, S., & Ball, M. M. (2012). “Meds are a real tricky area”: Examining medication management and regulation in assisted living. Journal of Applied Gerontology 31: 126-149.
- Kemp, C. L., Ball, M. M., Hollingsworth, C., & Lepore, M. J. (2010). Connections with residents: “It’s all about the residents for me.” In Mary M. Ball, Molly M. Perkins, Carole Hollingsworth, & Candace L. Kemp (Eds.), Frontline Workers in Assisted Living (pp. 147-170). Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Kemp, C. L., Ball, M. M., Perkins, M. M., Hollingsworth, C. & Lepore, M. J. (2009). “I get along with most of them”: Direct care workers’ relationships with residents’ families in assisted living. The Gerontologist, 49 (2): 224-235.
- Kemp, C. L. (2008). Negotiating transitions in later life: Married couples in assisted living. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 27 (3): 231-251.
- Kemp, C. L. (2007). Grandparent-grandchild ties: Reflections on continuity and change across three generations. Journal of Family Issues 23, 855-881.
- Kemp, C. L., Rosenthal, C. J., & Denton, M. (2005). Financial planning for later life: Subjective understandings of catalysts and constraints. Journal of Aging Studies, 19 (3): 273-290.
- Kemp, C. L. (2005). Dimensions of grandparent-adult grandchild relationships: From family ties to intergenerational friends. Canadian Journal on Aging, 24 (2): 161-178.