Professor Jacalyn Lund, Chair of the Department of Kinesiology and Health, in the College of Education will receive the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) Hall of Fame Award for Physical Education at the 2013 American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD) Convention.
“The Hall of Fame Physical Education/Physical Activity Award honors individuals who have made significant contributions in the development and promotion of physical education or physical activity and its identified sub-disciplines as an important part of the total educational program.”
Among Dr. Lund’s many publications are these highlights:
- Lund, J. & Shanklin, J. (2011) The impact of accountability on student response rate in a secondary physical education badminton unit. The Physical Educator, 68, 210-220.
- Gurvitch, R., Lund, J., & Metzler, M. (2008). Researching the adoption of model-based instruction: Context and chapter summaries. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 27, 449-456.
- Metzler, M., Lund, J., & Gurvitch, R. (2008). The adoption of instructional innovation across teachers’ career stages. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 27, 457-465.
Books and Book Chapters
- Lund, J. & Veal, ML. (In Press). Assessment-Driven Instruction in Physical Education: A Standards-Based Approach to Promoting and Documenting Learning. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Publishing Company.
- Lund, J. (2011). Alternative Assessment (Chapter 14), in Measurement and Evaluation in Human Performance (4th ed), Jim Morrow and Dale Mood, Ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Publisher.
- Lund, J. & Tannehill, D. (2010). Standards Based Physical Education Curriculum Development (2nd Ed.) . Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Lund, J. & Kirk, M.F. (2010). Performance-based assessment for middle and high school physical education (2nd Ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Publishing Company.
Congratulations, Dr. Lund!