How apropos that upon this weekend dreary the Players of GSU are offering “To_____: A Celebration of Edgar Allan Poe,” a combination of dramatic and interpretive dance performances of Poe’s writings. You can catch the performance in Dahlberg Hall’s University Theatre tonight (Friday) or Saturday at 8:00pm or Sunday at 3:00pm – and even get discounted tickets if you attend in costume – more info in The Signal here.
Want to get your Edgar Allan Poe on? Check out some of these books, eBooks, and films from the GSU University Library:
- Poe, Edgar Allan, and Thomas Ollive Mabbott. Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe. Cambridge: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 1969. Print.
- Poe, Edgar Allan, and NetLibrary. The Unabridged Edgar Allan Poe. Philadelphia: Courage Books, 1997. Web. 22nd February 2013. [eBook]
- Poe, Edgar Allan. The Centenary Poe: Tales, Poems, Criticism, Marginalia, and Eureka. London: Bodley Head, 1949. Print.
- Poe, Edgar Allan, and Frederick Clarke Prescott. Selections From the Critical Writings of Edgar Allan Poe. 2d ed. New York: Gordian Press, 1981. Print.
- Poe, Edgar Allan, and Gary Richard Thompson. Essays and Reviews. New York: Literary Classics of the U.S., 1984. Print.
- Videotape and DVDs – Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Masque of the Red Death, House of Usher and The Pit and the Pendulum.