In recent months, Georgia State University faculty and members of the Georgia General Assembly have considered the prevalence of modern domestic human trafficking. Some scholars argue that the problem is much bigger than we realize, while others argue that the amount of domestic human trafficking has been severely overestimated. If you’d like to learn more about this issue, the GSU Library can help.
- Smuggling and Trafficking in Human Beings by Sheldon Zhang, 2007
- Sex Trafficking: Fact Sheet, by the US National Trafficking Resource Center, 2011
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Human Trafficking in the United States by Stephanie Hepburn and Rita Simon, 2010
- Trafficking Women’s Human Rights by Julietta Hua, 2011
- Web Resources for Teaching about Human Rights by Merry M. Merryfield et al., 2012
- US Department of State 2011 Trafficking in Persons Report